5 Ways to Reduce Post Workout Soreness
If you are working hard in the gym you are bound to get sore. Here are my top 5 ways to reduce post workout soreness and get you feeling better for the rest of the week!
- HYDRATE! Your muscles need water to recover. Drink extra water then you normally would today to help flush out toxins and rehydrate your muscles.
- FIGHT INFLAMMATION WITH FOOD! Try eating things like kale, sweet potatoes or dark cherries, all which have high anti-inflammatory properties and can help with soreness. Also be sure to eat an adequate amount of protein and stay away from added sugar and processed foods.
- USE COMPRESSION! Compression increases blood flow to the compressed area, thus helping to increase the amount of richly oxygenated blood being sent to that part of your body. Wearing compression clothing or using a compression recovery system like the NORMATEC can help with soreness and speed up recovery.
- USE TOPICAL CREAMS! Topical treatments like arnica rubs or magnesium spray can be helpful when it comes to muscle soreness. My favorite is MagSoothium.
- MOVE! As much as you probably don’t want to, getting up and doing something today is important. You probably don’t want to max out any lifts, but moving your joints through their range of motion and getting your blood flowing will actually help you feel better.
Use these tips to help you recover from any hard workout that leaves you sore afterward!
2018 04 04