Two Steps for Proper Recovery
We talk to so many of our members about the importance of recovery. For many people they don’t understand how necessary focusing on recovery is.
Two main things to focus on are:
Our body’s physiology has a sweet spot.
- Balance “good stress” and healthy inflammation with active recovery and you will get stronger and more robust and resilient.
- Let “bad stress” and chronic inflammation run amok: You will break down, perform worse, become metabolically damaged, and most likely get injured.
Step 1: Fuel Your Body
Nutrition and supplementation is going to be a key component to recovering well.
- eating protein at each meal and getting an adequate amount throughout the day
- eating plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables
- eating high quality, slow-digesting, high-fiber carbs
- eating lots of healthy fats
- eating whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible
- drink lots of water
- eat enough calories to support your activity and recovery
Step 2: Change Your Lifestyle
Beyond nutrition there are many lifestyle factors that come into play when it comes to proper recovery for your body.
- Get enough sleep
- Minimize stress
- Minimize and/or eliminate alcohol
- Get outside often
- Take time for yourself
- Take rest days
Our bodies were made to do incredible things, but it will stop if you don’t give it what it needs. If you aren’t seeing results and you are busting your ass, be sure to take a look at your nutrition and your lifestyle. Are they supporting your activity and recovery?
Not sure how to make these changes or need some accountability? Contact Melissa at email@example.com!
2018 06 19